Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pure Sweetness

Jeff and Audrey had the privilege of attending Kathy's 60th birthday party over the weekend. She had a sixties-themed party for which I made Audrey a retro little outfit to wear. I was hoping it looked the part because it was terribly hard to find any pictures online of sixties fashion, especially for babies. Here's the outfit.

And here's the cutest little sixties baby!


Earlier this week, the boys had a playdate with the neighbor boy. Apparently, this is what happens when I let them stay up to play instead of napping during the day. Alex fell asleep at the top of the basement stairs.

And Lucas fell asleep at the bottom of the entry stairs.I'm not sure what it is about stairs, but that's the cozy place they chose to rest that day.

Now, these ones aren't the best pictures because I was in a really bad spot for taking them. But if I had moved, I most definitely would have missed the opportunity. Alex was very upset this morning because Sarah let Lucas sit in Alex's chair at the table so he could color with her. Alex wanted his chair and refused to sit on the other side of the table in the other chair. He came over to where I was sitting at the computer and sat down on the floor to cry. Audrey came over shortly thereafter and decided to try and comfort him. These are the pictures I caught of her patting Alex on the head as if to say "It's okay, Alex." You see... when Alex or Lucas accidentally do something to make Audrey cry, that is exactly what they do. They pat her on the head and say "Sorry, Audrey." She was mimicking their consoling behavior! What a sweetie.


6 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I definitely love that outfit. Audrey is so adorable in it. I seriously need a sewing machine.

Nanci said...

Very cute. I like the little headband with it too.

Anonymous said...

I love the 60's outfit! I wish I had even half of you talent!! You are amazing!!!
Audrey patting Alex on the head is so cute! I love watching my children learn and due cute things like that!
I saw Sarah at the field trip to Lee's. She looked as adorable as ever!!!!

The Montgomery Family said...

Ashleigh you are so talented! That dress is adorable! Note to self: buy washable crayons. Thanks:)

Farrah said...

We missed seeing you at the party, but it was fun to see Jeff and Audrey. Oh and Audrey did look adorable in her outfit! Very cute!

Laura said...

Hi, Ashleigh and Jeff. I found your blog from Emily's. I'm Laura - Jeff's cousin. We've met, but it was about 4 years ago, I think. Your family is soooo cute! I love the dress on your cute little Audrey. Our 20 month old is also named Audrey. :) I hope you don't mind if I had your blog to ours. It's great to keep in touch!