Monday, April 28, 2008

What Makes It All Worth It?

I'll tell you what makes it all worth it. All of the mundane tasks that mothers do every day are worth it just to hear one comment like this one once in a while:

I had just finished cleaning the family room (which was no small task in itself). I cleaned out the vacuum cleaner dirt container, replaced it, then vacuumed the entire floor (moving small furniture, and children's toys and furniture), then vacuumed along the baseboards of the walls to get all the crumbs and small pieces of garbage that are inevitably left there daily with four young children. After I turned it off and as I was wrapping the cord up, this is what Sarah said:

"Mom, thank you for cleaning the carpet."

Here is a picture of my nice clean family room and my sweet little girl. I'll enjoy it for the few minutes it lasts...


And yes... this is as clean as it gets. That's what happens when we have more things than we have space for...

2 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

That is so sweet of Sarah. She really is growing up.

Ash Trump said...

Man I love the feeling of a newly cleaned house!!!!! Thanks for your offer on the car thing I will definitely take you up on it some time :o)It would be fun to see you! I hope you Jam tastes good... let me know!