Thursday, April 24, 2008

61 Questions - Thanks Emily!

1. WHAT TIME DO YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING? Around 7 - Whenever the kiddies let me sleep until.
2. DIAMONDS OR PEARLS? I think diamonds. But I did wear a pearl necklace for my wedding.
3. WHAT WAS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW AT THE CINEMA? About half of Spiderman 3. Then we had to leave because of whiny babies. The last full one we saw was Night at the Museum, I think.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW? Judge Judy. Totally kidding. I liked Arrested Development until it got cancelled. Now I'm glad the ABC and NBC shows are back.
5. WHAT DO YOU USUALLY HAVE FOR BREAKFAST? If I get a chance, I usually have what the kids are having. Mostly cereal.
6. WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME? Michelle
7. WHAT FOODS DO YOU DISLIKE? Pepperoncinis - gross! Peppers, onions, and shrimp. Most everything else is okay.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CD? Anything not kids songs. But I don't have many. If I get a chance to listen to music, it's usually just the radio.
9. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? 1998 Dodge Durango, or 2003 Honda Civic. But usually, I'm not driving at all. I'm either home or Jeff is driving.
10. FAVORITE SANDWICH ? I'm not really a sandwich person, but I do like a good egg salad on toasted wheat bread.
11. WHAT CHARACTERISTIC DO YOU DESPISE? Laziness, bullying and taking advantage of others. (ee a few posts before about our house situation.)
13. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO? That's so tough to answer. I'd love to go to so many places. Maybe Germany?
15. FAVORITE BRAND OF CLOTHING? I couldn't say, seeing as I haven't bought new clothes besides maternity ones for about 5 years! It's on my list, though.
16. WHERE WOULD YOU RETIRE TO? Somewhere where family would be close.
17. WHAT WAS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY? Probably 16 or 18. My family threw suprise parties for me those years and for 18, they had no idea who to invite, so they asked me to give them a list. So everyone who I wanted there came.
18. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? I like most sports. I can't say I am totally into them all, but I do enjoy watching with Jeff. But not every single day or even weekend. I'd have to say my favorites would be gymnastics and football (I used to cheer for football)
22. FAVORITE SAYING? "Think before you speak." Seriously. That's really the solution to just about everything.
23. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? June 13
24. ARE YOU A MORNING OR NIGHT PERSON? Niether. I'm a middle of the day person. That's when I have the most energy and get the most done.
25. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE? It used to be 8. But I swear, having kids made my feet grow! Now it's an 8 1/2 or 9.
26. PETS? One dog who's more like a child. I mean, he whines just as much. Not that I actually treat him like one!
27. ANY NEW AND EXCITING NEWS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US? Nope. We're pretty boring.
28. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE? I didn't have many aspirations when I was little. But I wanted to be a Criminal Psychologist when I starte college. I'd love to be a lawyer, but there's a whole lot of school involved, and I'm not in the position to do that right now...
29. HOW ARE YOU TODAY? A little sick, but mostly okay. Just a normal day otherwise.
30. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY? I like everything
31. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Daisy. I like the white and yellow, but I have recently developed an attraction to the Gerbera variety.
32. WHAT IS A DAY ON THE CALENDAR YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO? Ummmm...I don't know. Maybe my birthday??
33. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Waffles. Yummmm... breakfast for dinner!
34. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? Only shooting ones. But I don't see them very often.
35. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Silver. I like to sparkle.
36. HOW IS THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW? Freezing. Not kidding. It was snowing earlier.
37. FAVORITE SOFT DRINK? I used to be a Dr. Pepper nut. I still am, but soda is too expensive lately. It's not worth it. I've had ginger ale in the house lately though for my sore throat. Plus it tastes gooooood.
38. FAVORITE RESTAURANT? Restaurant? I don't do restaurants anymore.
41. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? Christmas, probably. Then Halloween. Then Thanksgiving. It used to be my birthday. But as a mom, my birthday is pretty much just like any other day now.
42. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? My Little Pony. But we did't actually own any. I would go play with my friend Alison's.
43. SUMMER OR WINTER? Depends where I am. Phoenix: definitely winter. Washington: definitely summer. Utah: undecided
46. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Dark Chocolate
48. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I get tears in my eyes all the time. But the last time I really cried? ...Probably a few months ago. Don't remember why, though.
50. WHO IS THE FRIEND YOU HAVE HAD THE LONGEST? Wow... I don't have friends very long. For some reason I always end up moving away.
51. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT? Put all the kids to bed early and hung out with my hubby. We played Guitar Hero III.
52. FAVORITE SMELL? Fresh air.
53 WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? Spiders and scorpions. Oh, and snakes. And drowning. And I'm always afraid something is going to happen to my kids. I couldn't handle that.
54. SALTY OR SWEET? I like both. But we usually have neither kind of snack in the houe. Unless you count a spoonful or sugar or salt.
56. HOW MANY YEARS AT YOUR CURRENT JOB? 4 years the end of may! Yes. I DO have a job. I work more than any of you!! Mothers never get a to clock out.
57. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK? Saturday. That's when Jeff gets to stay home with us and we do whatever we want together.
58. HOW MANY TOWNS HAVE YOU LIVED IN? How much time do you have? I stopped counting after 31. It's probably into the 40's now.
59. DO YOU MAKE FRIENDS EASILY? With the right people. I have a low tolerance for snobs. If you're nice and normal, we shouldn't have a problem.
60. WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAG? Anyone who wants to, but I'd like to see this one from Ashleys Trump and Tracy.
61. HOW MANY WILL RESPOND? Not sure. Probably 1 or 2.

3 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Oh my goodness, your sandwich response made me so hungry. I seriously love eating egg salad sandwiches but it is a sandwich that takes more time to make than peanut butter and jelly so I don't make it quite as much.

Brooke and Brian said...

Does your answer to number 59 make you a snob? And I will have to agree with Amanda on the egg salad sandwiches...LOVE EM. Dad makes the best ones EVER!

Becky said...

Ashleigh--I'm totally trying to play catch-up on your blog...haven't read very many blogs this month! Loved reading this post although some of your answers sounded so sad (you NEVER had a My Little Pony?). Anywho, I decided that I'll give you my answers here:

1. I get up around 6:30--sometimes earlier in the summer when the sun wakes the kids up sooner. On weekends, I sometimes get to sleep in until like 7:30!

2. Both although I would be more inclined to wear pearls--you can wear them with jeans and with a dress.

3. I honestly can't remember the last time I went to a movie theater. Oh, wait--I think the last time was when I took Sam on a "date" to see Ratatouille...

4. TV? Hmmm, there are weeks when I don't watch any TV at all (that's how I found time to read books). I guess I would have to say American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance.

5. Cereal and a fruit

6. Don't have a middle name

7. I don't like very many vegetables or most forms of seafood. I won't eat anything that has coconut in or on it.

8. LDS Scripture Rock--Old Testament. Usually I just listen to the radio...

9. 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan

10. Chick-Fil-A's Classic Chicken Sandwich

11. Pessimism and people who think I want their unsolicited advice

12. You don't have a number 12...or 14 either :)

13. LONDON--hands down!

15. Anything that fits...

16. Retire? I don't think Jeff and I have the personalities for "retirement" per se. We'll be out on missions or cruising around in an RV (Jeff says we'll buy motorcycles!). :)

17. My 20th Birthday--Jeff and his sisters threw me a party (this is back when Jeff and I had just started dating) and 65 people came. Fun times!

18. Figure skating, college football, and my kids playing T-bal or Jeff playing Frisbee

22. "Men are that they might have joy."

23. February 28

24. Both morning and night person...not an afternoon/early evening person.

25. Used to be a 7W or 7 1/2. Now I usually wear an 8 1/2 Wide.

26. One Black Lab--Sally

27. Nothing exciting

28. A writer, professional musician, or teacher. Also--a mom.

29. A little sick, a lot irritable with my kids!

30. Symphony Chocolate bar with Almonds and Toffee

31. Most flowers make me happy

32. Memorial Day 'cause Jeff doesn't have work and we have zero obligations to be anywhere else...

33. Goldfish crackers

34. Nope

35. Periwinkle or Burnt Sienna because they're both fun to say

36. Pretty nice

37. A&W Root Beer, but it's pretty rare that I will drink soda.

38. NOT McDonald's!

41. Christmas

42. Books, stuffed animals, and my first pair of roller skates.

43. Fall

46. Milk chocolate

48. April 20th

50. Mindy--we haven't seen each other in over a year but we've been close friends since 10th grade and we've known each other since 7th. Whenever we do see each other, we pick up right where we left off.

51. Took care of sick kids, watched American Idol and Mythbusters with Jeff, and cleaned up the downstairs before reading a book.

52. Fabric softener, baby shampoo, Jeff's cologne...do I have to pick just one? I love smells

53. Crickets, small spaces, large dense crowds of people, my kids getting hurt, and getting in a bad car accident

54. Both

56. 7+ as a mom, 8 1/2+ as a wife

57. I don't think I have a favorite day of the week...

58. 5

59. I'd have to say "yes" although I can be picky and I was a lot friendlier in college when I had the time and energy for it than I am now.

Thanks for commenting so often on my blog--it's always fun to see what you have to say!