Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The COOLEST thing!!

Kids are extremely intuitive. They know when mom is happy, and reflect that in their own moods. They know if mom is irritated, and they whine and cry and fight just to see if we really are in a bad mood. However, they also know when we need a break. Today, my boys must have sensed that I needed a break. You see, they up and put themselves down for a nap! At least I like to see it that way. In reality, they probably went upstairs to play, and one of them shut the door while they were in their room. Since there is a cover on the doorknob, they probably gave up trying to get out and fell asleep. But still. How refreshing to check on my little monsters only to find two little sleeping angels. My day is going so much more smoothly now.

These pictures are from a previous naptime. Under NO circumstances was I going to interrupt their self-prompted naptime. Thanks Grandma Kathy for the snakes. They're a must at bedtime now.
Have any of your kids ever actually put themselves down for a nap?

5 comments:

Nanci said...

No, I think that you are the lucky mom. Ella will ask to take a nap but I'm not sure if that is quite the same thing. I was wondering how the first boy (sorry can't tell them apart) had perfectly tucked himself in until I read the bottom of your post. I agree with you that kids immediately pick up on your good or bad moods. What little angels.

Rick and Christie Farnsworth said...

That was so sweet of them!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

That is so cute. I like how one has everything in the color blue and one has everything in the color green, I think it is very neat.

Becky said...

Wow...I am extremely jealous. I only have one child who even takes naps! Brisa stopped taking naps at about 18 months and none of the great things I had learned would prevail to get her to have any form of quiet time. So I don't really know what a break in the middle of a weekday feels like :)

The boys are adorable, by the way!

The Farnsworth Family said...

You are a lucky mom. Chase grew out of naps around 3 and 1/4 and Blake still takes a nap when I put him down. Austin and Chase still sometimes fall asleep in the car, but never put themselves to bed. Love the snakes too!