Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A New Look

Yes, I know. My blogging has been severely lacking as of late. This is a lame update, but at least it's an update! So it's finally happened. I know I posted recently about loving the long hair, but being frustrated with medication making it thin. Well, yesterday, I'd had enough! Ironically, the night before, I had just told Jeff that I wasn't ready to cut my hair yet. He's been wanting me to. He likes it short and wispy. But yesterday, I woke up and just came straight downstairs to get the kids breakfast before getting dressed for the day or doing my hair. It was down and just messy. I was looking at the ends of my hair, and noticed they were splitting. One, in particular, was split at least 3 ways! It's been over 10 years since I've had split ends. Not cool. To avoid getting more upset about it, I decided to put it up in a bun with a pen. That's the way it stayed until I went up to get dressed before taking Sarah to preschool. Since I hadn't showered or really done my hair yet, I decided to look in the mirror at my messy pen bun to see if it was presentable enough to be seen outside the house. It wasn't. I looked at the size of the mess of hair I had tightly wound up and stuck with a pen. It was SO TEENY! I mean, seriously TINY. It was the size of maybe a golf ball. Maybe. So sad. I ripped it out, put it in a ponytail, took small sections of hair and pinned them up around the base of the ponytail to create some fake volume. It looked good enough then, but I was still upset. I knew my hair was thinning because of my medication, but this was getting ridiculous. Later yesterday, after running some errands, I was passing by the train station where Jeff had left his car to take the train to work. Being the sweet, loving, amazing, awesome wife I am, I decided to go leave him a little love note. As I was driving through the parking lot, I passed in front of a nice hair salon. In the window was posted a sign that said "Tuesdays only: $10 shampoo and cut!" I thought to myself, "Hmmm... that's not bad." And I kept driving. Then, I realized, "Wait... TODAY IS TUESDAY!" That was it. I was cutting my hair. I left my note, got on the phone, and arranged for a couple of babysitters for a half hour later, and then there was no going back! Here's what happened:




What do you think??

Jeff also got a haircut recently. Only his was free. I did it. Here he is with his new do, ready for bed. Can you tell?

7 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Ashleigh!!! I love it! you look great and I love the style. It looks SO good. (So does Jeff's :)

Nicole Anderson Photography said...

I love your new hair cut! I need to but mine too!

Emily said...

I totally agree with Amanda. Love it - Jeff's looks great too! I love new hair cuts.

Ash Trump said...

You both look FABULOUS!!!! I really love your new hair Ashleigh, way to be adventurous ;o) I get mine done in two weeks!!!!

Nanci said...

Looks good. I always liked how people with straight hair could have these amazing layers with cool highlights. Doesn't it feel good to have a new haircut anyway? I like it and it is perfect for the summer.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Super cute and sassy! I wish I could pull off short hair as good as you do!
ADORABLE! :-]

The Farnsworth Family said...

Love the do's! Both of them. You are quite the sassy mom!! :)