Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Can't She Just Be All Girl??

I have been blessed with two beautiful little girls. It's been a lot of fun making cute outfits, trying out new hair bows and clips, painting in pinks and purples, and coming up with whatever other girly things I can think of to make my little girls girly cute. However, apparently it's been more fun for me than for Sarah. For the longest time, her favorite colors were red, blue and green. Her favorite movie was Jurassic Park. Her favorite toys were horses and dinosaurs. Her birthday party last year was "horsey" themed, which translated into cowboy hats, bandanas, and a brown chocolate horse cake. I was so excited this year because recently Sarah has turned into quite the girly girl. She is now interested in dress-up, princesses, her favorite color is pink... I was thinking for sure I'd get to do a pretty, flower- or princess-themed birthday cake for her. Did you notice I said "was" excited? When I asked her today what kind of cake she wanted, she said "A Zelda cake, mom!" Zelda? Really?? She wants the wolf and Midna from the Twilight Princess game. I mean, that has to be the farthest thing from girly and princess that I can imagine. I even tried to convince her to let me make her a Princess Zelda cake. Nope. Wolf and Midna. That's it. Oh well... At least Audrey's too young to care still...Come on... You can't tell me that she's not all girl!!

No comments: