Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tyler's A Missionary!

In the beginning of May, my family came up for a visit, and to drop my little brother, Tyler, off at the MTC. There were so many good pictures from that few days, and I am posting way too many as it is. I really enjoyed their visit. Love you guys! Here are some of my favorites:

The first night Tyler was in town, Jeff went and picked him up from my Dad in Salt Lake, and took him on the Father's and Son's camping trip with the boys. It was much more fun than the health seminar my dad had planned on taking him to that night.

Sunday was all about Tyler.


We had a pancake/waffle dinner with about six different flavors of syrups.

I spent most of the time doing this:

... And this:

My Great Aunt May and her husband LaMar came to celebrate Tyler's mission departure. It was fun to see them again.

This was the first time that all four of us siblings have been together in a very long time. It's been at least 3 years?? Probably longer. Anyone remember? Brooke?

Funny story: One of the nights we were all up late talking and messing around (this particular night found me coloring Brooke's hair), the power went out! I was in the middle of putting highlights in Brooke's hair with foils. Only about halfway done. I had to have Tyler hold a flashlight on her hair for me, while I had one on a headband and quickly finish putting the product in her hair in the dark! When enough time had passed, I had her stand in front of my car headlights to check the color because my headlights were the most natural and brightest lights we could find at the time. It was funny. Her hair turned out very nicely, too, I might add. It was just an interesting experience. Oh, a car hit a power box and the power was out for about 6000 houses for about 3 hours.

On Tuesday, we all got to go down to Temple Square in Salt Lake and see all the church history sights. We visited the museums, the tabernacle, the Temple grounds, and the distribution center. It was pretty fun.

This is one of my personal favorites from that day trip.

When we got back, we had a fun craft activity planned with Grammy and Grandpa Lance. They helped the kids decorate some T-shirts, and the kids helped decorate one for each of them to help remind them of their trip to Utah this year. It was a lot of fun, and the shirts turned out really well. I keep meaning to get a picture of each of them individually, but each time they're wearing them, I forget! Maybe when I get some I'll post the finished products.

During his visit, Sarah decided she really liked Uncle Tyler. Here she is enjoying her uncle's music. A few minutes after this picture was taken, she actually fell asleep right there. I think Uncle Tyler ended up carrying her to her room. Cute. All the kids really took to Tyler. They still talk about him now. Just yesterday, Sarah was naming off the ages all the kids will be when they get to see Uncle Tyler again.

And the purpose for the whole trip: Dropping Tyler off at the MTC.

My little brother's a missionary! Good luck, Tyler, and God be with you! I'm proud of you, and I love you.

1 comment:

Brooke and Brian said...

Haha, awe! I will treasure those memories of standing in front of the car headlights to see my hair! Standing in the middle of the street shining my laser pen to see how long it would stretch, laughing at Tylers 30 second story that took more like 30 mins to finish. Washing your shower with a loofa to make sure I didn't leave any color on the grout with a plate full of candles on the counter for light and sceaming, screaming, screaming little baby Ryah. That trip was seriously so fun. Thanks for making it such a memorable time! I am sure Tyler really enjoyed and appreciated it. I am glad I went and was able to help where I could.