Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day 2009!

Jeff had the day off from work, and we decided to make it a fun ending to a three day weekend. After much deliberation throughout the weekend, Jeff and I decided to take the kids on a "hike" in the morning after breakfast. We went to a trail in Ogden that wound around a very large pond, and also touched up next to a river. The kids really loved exploring through the tall grasses and flowers. The trail was just over a mile long, and seemed to be just the right length for our little family. We were almost back around to the car when the kids started getting tired. They thoroughly enjoyed their hike yesterday.




Here I am in my red, white and blue tribute to the veterans.


This is one of my favorite pictures. If you could see her from the front, you'd notice her left hand is in her pocket. She was mimicking her older siblings who all found it very relaxing to walk around with their hands in their pockets.





This is what happens when we say "Alex and Lucas, come sit on this bench!"


As you can see, there was no sitting involved. Audrey was wondering where everyone went all of a sudden.

Along the way, the kids saw lots of things to stop and examine. This one was a great big snail.

They saw lots of different colored flowers along the way as well. Each of the kids picked one for me.



Even Jeff picked his favorite to add to my beautiful bouquet.


I graciously added his contribution to the others for this picture.


But here is it's ultimate resting place... I mean... you can't really blame me. It wasn't the prettiest, and it was prickly!

Here's the final bouquet. I would have put them in a little vase of water when we got home, but Lucas ended up stepping on them in the car and they didn't make it home in one piece. Oh well. At least I have these pictures to document the fact that my family loves me.

These are some of my favorite kinds of pictures. Jeff is such a good dad, and really loves the kids. Sarah had so much fun riding on Papa's shoulders. And Alex was just delighted to help push his little sister in the stroller. He loves to help, and he loves his sister.



Lucas couldn't be left out, though. Jeff was nice enough to indulge his request to be picked up. The car was only about 50 feet to the right behind Jeff in this picture. He carried them both the rest of the way there.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: