Friday, April 24, 2009

The Coolest One Yet.

Cake anyway. Every art project I tackle turns out better than the one before. Each painting I do turns out better than the one before (at least, I'm more satisfied than the time before), The Easter dresses I made the girls this year were my best work yet. This cake I made for my boys' friend is, in my opinion, the best one of it's type I've made yet. It was pretty fun to do, and he loved it. His mom had planned to bring cupcakes to the park for him to share with his friends as kind of a pseudo-birthday party. He didn't want to go! He said he would rather stay home with his cake. She said he sat at the table just looking at it, and sneakily picking off little "DOTS" bushes and eating the tracks. But he wouldn't touch the train part. He didn't want his dad to cut into it when it was time either. I'd say it was a hit!






At the "birthday party" at the park, Sarah rediscovered her love for climbing in trees. All the trees in our yard have branches too high for her to reach. She found a few at the park that she could reach, and up she went. WAY up. Check these out. They're vaguely reminiscent of myself as a child...


She's the high, out of focus pink blob in this one...


Here's the cupcake assortment Brittney and I stayed up WAY too late the night before decorating for all the cute kiddos. They turned out really cute, and the kids couldn't wait to devour them.

Alex and Lucas couldn't wait to show me which ones they picked.


Audrey couldn't understand why she couldn't just eat the candy off hers, and choose another one with more candy.

And here's the birthday boy. Happy Birthday Bradley!

6 comments:

Danielle and Calan said...

Ashleigh that cake is AWESOME!!! I love Love LOVE it! You rock! :)

Brooke and Brian said...

Cute. I just made a cake. Go check it out on my blog. Hahahaha...

Laura said...

What an awesome cake!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I must say, that cake is pretty awesome! (and the cupcakes) Decorating is so much fun. That's so cute how the b-day boy didn't want to ruin it. That's a sure sign that you did a great job.

I can't believe how high Sarah got up on those trees! She's a good climber.

Ash Trump said...

Hey Ashleigh just answering your question from my blog ;o) It costs $3.50 per person and I think 2yrs and under are free. oh and with the admission each child gets one free ticket to ride a horse or do the wagon ride. It is a cute little place and I think $3.50 is not bad ;o)

Brooke and Brian said...

Time for an update girlfriend!