Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Weekend

I think this has been my favorite weekend in a long time. Jeff was home all weekend and pretty much just spent time with us. The kids loved that part. We watched Conference on Saturday downstairs in the toy room. I kind of liked that. The kids were there the entire time and were experiencing the talks while playing, coloring, eating snacks, and even spent a good amount of time sitting on Jeff's or my lap just listening (or sleeping!). I got a lot of miscellaneous "to-do list" projects done this weekend, and my favorite part - I started organizing my sewing/craft room! I am incredibly excited for this transformation. Being that it is a room specifically for me, and I tend to put my own stuff last on the list, the sewing room has been a mess of unorganized boxes and bins for the last 9 months (since we moved in) and has never been properly unpacked. It's coming along nicely. Not finished yet, but it's coming. Another favorite part of the weekend is a check we wrote. Why is spending money a favorite thing for me? Let me tell you. The check was written to a company called Direct Buy Vinly Fence. So what does that mean? We're putting in a fence! Finally! I'm very excited for that. Not so excited to spend the money per se, but to have the fence.

Here's my favorite picture of the Conference weekend. This is all the kids eating lunch during the second Saturday session (I think). The were raising their hands to sustain the leaders of the church as they were announced. Definitely my favorite.

I also got a chance to clean almost all the carpet in my house with my friend's in-home carpet cleaner on Thursday and Friday. It was looking pretty bad. I mean, it looked bad in the first place because it really needed replaced before we even moved in. But we figure why do that now, when our kids are just going to dirty it all up in no time flat? I think we'll put that project on the back burner until Audrey is at least 4. Unless we have another one. Then we might wait until the youngest is old enough to stop spitting up, spilling, having potty accidents, etc... on it. On the carpet note, I finally got myself a carpet cleaner of my very own! Yes. KSL. I love KSL. I got the exact one I've had my eye on in the stores brand new in the box for half the price. It hadn't been opened yet, much less used. I used it for the upstairs few rooms I've done and so far LOVE it. I think part of why I love it so much is that I got such a good deal. Good deals make me happy.

Here are some other random pictures from the week before Conference weekend. This one is from Wednesday. The kids were having a great time playing "ghosts" with their blankets. Audrey loves this. She also loves peeking out from behind the blanket saying "Here I am!" Yes. Her nose is a little goopy. But how could I get these pictures if I tried to wipe it first?? If anyone knows any great free photo-editing software I'd love to try it out...




After running around as colorful ghosts, they all decided it was time to take a nap. So it was off to the living room floor for a slumber party! Of course, they didn't really sleep. Just pretended.

This one has to be one of my "close second" favorites of Conference weekend. Audrey is very interested in the boys' potty training process. She just thinks it's the greatest thing that they get to wear underwear, and she wants to wear some too! I don't think that's exactly how it's supposed to go, Audrey...I love my kids. They're a lot of work, and my house is always crazy busy and crazy loud, but they make me smile.

1 comment:

Kenton and Haylee said...

How cute are your kids? Love the ghosts, sustaining the leaders and the undies on the head! Kenlee's had fun with underwear too. Now if I could just get the motivation to potty train her.....