Sunday, August 31, 2008

Who'd Have Thought...

I'd find something I miss about Arizona??

Now, I don't mean to offend any of you native Arizonans, or even any of you non-natives who now love to call Arizona home. Arizona is a wonderful place for a myriad of reasons. But if you know me at all, you will already know that it wasn't my favorite place to live.

With that said, one of those reasons Arizona is a wonderful place is the amazing monsoons that come around each summer. That was a part of the year that I always thoroughly enjoyed. Eleven months and two days of waiting after leaving Arizona, we have finally had a rainstorm I am comfortable comparing to the Phoenix monsoon.

The temperature here is completely different, but the rest of the storm bares a striking resemblance. It makes for a happy ending to a typical stressful Sunday. Tomorrow being Labor Day and Jeff having it off also contribute to the unusual relaxed mood of the evening tonight. Enjoy the beauty of the storm from our deck.

And the patio chairs are pushed up against the side because the force of the wind blew them over there! Granted, they weren't placed nicely on all four edges of the table to begin with, but they definitely weren't there before the storm...

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Well hopefully you miss your friend's too, not just the monsoon! j/k We've had a ton of monsoon storms this year and I love them too.
Audrey is so cute! I love that she has that look on her face that she knows what you want her to do and she's just not going to do it!

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Yes! Of course we miss our friends!! That goes without saying. We definitely miss all our friends and family in Arizona. But at least we can still keep in contact!