Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Preschool!!

And Sarah was SO excited. She woke up ready to go. The first thing she said to me this morning was, "Mama, I'm going to go to the bathroom, then I'm going to eat my pop-tart, then let's go to school." The first thing she said. And she said it from her bed, so it was more like yelling it across the house to me. Apparently, she didn't care if I could actually hear her or not. She just wanted me to know that she was ready to go. Here she is all cute.

Now, I got her a smaller backpack to take to preschool, but she insists on using this one.

It's almost as big as she is. But she loves it, and insists on using it. It was actually kind of difficult to get a good picture of her facing the camera because she wanted to show off her cute backpack. What a cutie!

5 comments:

Nanci said...

Yay for Sarah and especially for you! I can tell that she loves her backpack. Rex does not start until next week but he has been talking about his friends, the bus, his teachers, etc. I'm excited for him but I am also looking forward to the 3 1/2 hour break four days a week.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

That is so exciting! She looks so cute too. That is so funny that she yelled to you across the house about what she was going to do. I hope her first day went well.

Farrah said...

She looks super cute and so excited! I love the big backpack. I think that's adorable that she had to wear the big one. Isn't it crazy to think kindergarten is only a year away? Yikes!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Sarah is adorable! I love her larger than life backpack and that she was so excited to go (she even had the morning planned out!). Hope you enjoyed your break (well kind of break with only 3 instead of 4).

Anonymous said...

Haha! Her backpack really is huge!
Deklan's is big too, but not quite that big. She looks so cute and happy. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet about trading days in preschool. Deklan actually takes a nap from about 1:30-3:30 and now that he has started school he sleeps really good at nap time again. Sorry! :-(