Sunday, September 7, 2008

To Whom Does This Pile Belong?


It's a big mess of hair, right? You'll never guess whose head it fell off of. Well, not "fell" so much as "was cut off" of. About a week and a half ago, I decided it was time to cut Alex's and Lucas' hair. I said something about it to Sarah around midday. She informed me that she wanted her hair cut, too. I asked her how short, and she said she wanted it short like the boys'. I said no. I told her I would trim it a little, but not cut it short like the boys'. Friday night, I did indeed trim her hair a little, then began working on Lucas' hair. I did Sarah's with scissors, and used the clippers on Lucas. Sarah climbed up on the counter where my box of "tools" was to watch me. Can you guess where this is headed? She was absolutely insistent that I cut her hair short, and since I wouldn't cut it shorter, she decided she would do it herself! Well... part of it anyway. She cut about 50 strands about six inches shorter on the right side of her head. Then another 50 strands or so a few inches behind the first set. I went to get another clipper guard out of the box, and noticed this six inch long bunch of hair lying on the counter. I FREAKED. I was NOT happy. Sarah's hair had gotten so long and was so pretty! I just wasn't ready to cut it short. But, alas, It's not MY head. Nor my hair. Sarah really REALLY wanted a short do. So I finally gave in and obliged. She LOVES it. And she does look cute. But how could she not, right? It's Sarah!

Here's her old do. (Not the best picture, but you get how long it was)

Here's her new do.



6 comments:

The Wagners said...

Ok, so I totally understand why you wanted it long, and your frustration with her cutting her own hair... BUT!!! Her hair is super cute now! you did a great job cutting it.

Nicole Anderson Photography said...

I love the new hair cut, it looks so cute on her!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Oh no! Oh that is so funny. The new hair cut looks really, really cute. And it looks like she loves it too.

Ash Trump said...

Wow... Cute haircut!!!! You did a great job Ashleigh ;o)

Farrah said...

Very cute! I really like it. Lexi wanted hers cut short too, but she was fine with the idea of a trim. I feel the same way...I'm just not ready for it to be short. sarah definately looks very cute! I'm sure she loves it!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!
She did chop it, didn't she???
I agree though, her new do does look SUPER cute!!!!
She is such an adorable girl!