Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Cowgirl!

It was Sarah's birthday on Saturday (June 7). I wasn't going to throw her a party, but she has made so many good friends since we moved up here, and since we will be moving next week (albeit only 1.3 miles West), I thought it fitting to let her celebrate with them in case she doesn't get to play with them much anymore. I helped her pick out six friends and give invitations to each. She decided she wanted a "horsey" party, and I have known for months that she intended to have a pinata on her birthday this time. So, what else but a horse one? Her cake was a horse. Her pinata was a horse. She gave out a couple of little horse toys in each party favor bag. She wore a pink cowboy hat (which she chose from the party store), and handed out horsey bandanas that Mama so graciously made for all her special friends out of the horsey material she chose. It was at the park because I didn't think we would have enough room in our current residence to host six little energetic party goers AND a pinata. Here's proof that our little girl turned four! (Or, at least that she celebrated it, anyway.)

Here's her pretty horsey cake.

With cute little cowboy boot candles. That's Lucas' little hand reaching up to see if he can sneak a taste of the cake undetected. He was caught! (on tape, even!)

Her pretty horsey pinata. I was afraid she would be too sad to break it open because it was a horse (one of her absolute favorite-est things in the whole world), but I think she was more excited for the candy inside to care about breaking it open. But as you can see, Alex, Lucas and Sarah (and her friends, of course) all had no problem taking a swing or two... or seven at that poor little candy-stuffed horse.



Oh, and I almost forgot. They build these things so solidly nowadays, so the kids needed a little help finishing off the horse. This was a task Jeff was thoroughly content to help accomplish. See? If you look closely, you can see the poor horse's back leg flying through the air in this one.

One of her favorite presents. Jeff insisted on this one, and it was a very good choice. Of course, she got a helmet to go along with it. She just had to hop on and take this picture for me before she put it on!

Here's Alex, enjoying the weather, rolling down the grassy hills, and sporting one of Sarah's horsey bandanas. He thought that was pretty cool. He also loved that he was allowed to wear his cowboy boots to the park. Thanks Grandma Sherie!

And last, but not least, Sarah's cute princess cowgirl hat. She was trying so hard to keep it on, but it's really an adult size one. Here she is with her friend from across the street who also donned a cowboy hat for the special occasion.

Sarah had six friends come, but I already sent copies of the pictures to them, and since this post is long enough and picture-filled enough, I'll omit those ones this time around. But she loved having you all come. Rex, Deklan, Kayana, Jausylon, Lily, and Parker all came out to help her celebrate. Thanks guys! (And moms, who so graciously either attended or let thier little ones come.) Happy Birthday Sarah Bara!

8 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

That looks like it was a great party. I like the theme. Did you make that cake? It looks great. I see Jeff was able to have some fun with the pinata too, great shot with the leg flying. I love that picture of Alex, he looks like a real cowboy, with the mountains in the background and his cute bandana.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of Jeff whacking off the leg of the piniata! That's awesome!
Thanks for inviting Deklan, even though he was really late, he had a great time.
You guys did great, what a fun party! You are such a good mom, I wanna be just like you when I grow up.

The Wagners said...

Ahh, I can't wait till I get to throw horsey parties (or whatever kind of party Tayson will want). I wish I could have been there! You should have dressed Jeff up as a horse and given the kids all horsey rides!!! Anyway, I miss you guys! Can't wait to see you when you come down in July!

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Ha! That would have been HILARIOUS!! I didn't think of it though. Too bad you weren't helping me plan it!

Nanci said...

Your cakes never disappoint. Happy Bday Sarah! She is getting so big. I was glad to see that there is another Rex out there in this world.

Holls said...

Thanks again for inviting Lily. She had such a good time! She just loves Sarah.

Briar Black said...

Those are absolutely adorable pictures! You have cute kids. ^.^

I'm glad she enjoyed her party and wasn't too torn up about the horse pinata. The cake is pretty cool as well. You are a very nice Moma!

Farrah said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! It looks like such a fun party. I'm glad she had a good time. They grow up so quick. She makes an adorable cowgirl!