Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Fourth of July! - 2009

This one was fun and relaxing. We didn't go anywhere special or do anything exciting. We just spent the day home spending time as a family. We even had a nice visit with Dave and Stephanie and their cute kids. Unfortunately, I wasn't intuitive enough to think about taking a picture with all of us together. Maybe next time! Here's cute little Addi, though. I got quite a few pictures of her, but this was my favorite expression. It was halfway between "cheese!" and "Hey, gimme that camera!" Cute.

And Blake. He found Lucas's belt and was pretending it was a snake.

Austin and Chase spent almost the entire time downstairs watching cartoons with Sarah. It made for a little quieter visit for the parents upstairs, except that Alex and Lucas had just woke up from a nap when they arrived and were not real happy about it. They were fighting over who got to sit on Jeff's lap almost the entire time.

Jeff didn't want me to even take this picture, much less post it. But I had to. It still makes me laugh. He was sort of hum-singing (halfway humming, halfway singing) The Star Spangled Banner whilst eating it's replica. (see below). I found it nothing short of hilarious. Sorry Jeff. This one had to make it in here. Probably in our "Year in Review" book this year, too!

The kids helped me make flag and star Rice Krispy treats as part of the festivities this year. It was scrumptiously fun! And it's what Jeff was eating.

Oh, and my hair! I dyed it red and blue for the occasion. I had put some pink in my hair a few weeks before, and was unhappy with how fast it faded and washed out. So this time I tried a different brand of color. It was great! Bold and bright. However, I should have been thinking more about my upcoming high school reunion that was to happen in 7 days. I had 7 days to wash it all out. It didn't quite make it (see WA trip post above). Oh well. Live and learn, right? It looked cute for the day.



As I said, we didn't go anywhere this year. We are privileged to have a fireworks show presented by the city of North Ogden conveniently held at the high school stadium up the street. We walked up to our neighbor's driveway and watched with them from there. Here's Alex and Sarah watching them light off their own fireworks in the street before the big show.

Right before the big show started, I had to run and get Audrey from escaping down the street. As we were coming back, the first fireworks were lit. Here's her expression when she saw them in the sky for the first time! She said, "Pretty!" and pointed up at the sky. How adorable her innocence is.

I must have had the camera on the wrong setting. Most of the pictures were blurry and not very good, so I picked the best one. I love fireworks.HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!

No comments: