Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Alex and Lucas! - 2009

Yes, I know. I'm slow. We've been busy. But better late than never. The boys turned 3 this year, and it was a super fun birthday. They played outside all day with the family, we got to roast hot dogs in the back yard and eat cake. Plus, they got some pretty neat presents (photos to follow). All in all, they had a good day. Happy birthday boys!

Here's Alex's excited face. He was about to open presents.

Here's his face after opening practically each one of his presents.

Lucas was just as excited through the day, but just a little less expressive.

Poor little Audrey. She just couldn't understand why she wasn't allowed to open presents, too! "First, Sarah gets a bunch of cool stuff. Then Mama. Now Alex and Lucas? When's my turn??" Your day is coming, my dear. Just wait a little longer.

I'm so upset that I didn't think to get out the video camera for this one. Here's the boys' faces while running to thier next present. (see below) Alex actually screamed, "Ahhhhhh!!!" He sounded like a little girl; he was so excited.


And here's what they were running to:They're carrying the bags that they opened inside with their brand new helmets in them. They opened them up and said, "Cool!" but didn't realize that they were going to get spiffy new bikes to go with them! Alex's bike is a Spiderman bike, and Lucas's is a Transformers one. We let them choose which ones they wanted, and they both chose for themselves. Surprisingly, there was no fighting over the same one. Way to share boys!

Since Alex has a brand new "cool" bike, he politely gave his old one to Audrey. Actually it was more like, "Here you go, Audrey!" as he hurriedly pushed the bike over to her, and ran (and I do mean "ran") back over to his new Spiderman bike. She didn't care, though. She was ecstatic that Alex would even let her touch it, much less ride it.

I think she was so in shock, she didn't quite know what to do with it, so she just stood there for a minute soaking it all in before getting on.

And, of course, the cake. Dinosaur. By request.Anyone notice anything out of place? Leave it in a comment and I'll tell you if you're right!

Unfortunately, they thought my coconut-laden palm trees had "poop" on them! Ehh, I tried.

Last, but not least, here we all are waiting for the Pleasant View Founder's Day fireworks show. It's always on or around the boys' birthday. If we ever move anywhere else, they're going to wonder why we stopped doing fireworks for their birthday! I guess we'll just have to never move! Yeah... we'll see. Since it doesn't get truly dark until almost 10pm, Audrey zonked before she actually got to see any fireworks! Oh well, maybe next year little cutie.HAPPY THIRD BIRTHDAY BOYS!

4 comments:

Emily said...

On the cake... didn't they turn 3? What's the number 4 for? The Cake does look fantastic though!!!!!! Way cool!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Are they 3 or 4? Was that the problem on the cake? Super cute, though! How did you do the dinosaur?

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

YES!!! They did turn 3. The four is there to show my apparent loss of brain cells from being pregnant so much, then hearing so many cute little noises coming from the fruits of my "labor!" I forgot how old my little boys are! Or maybe my subconscious was trying to will them to be older... I don't know. But I had 4 on there for hours before Jeff said the same thing you did. "What's the 4 for?" I hadn't even noticed! Yeah. I wasn't about to change it, though. Especially since they can't read!

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Kendra - They turned 3. Ha ha. The four is just my absent-mindedness showing through. Funny story to tell later, though, huh? The dinosaur was made with cupcakes. I arranged them all together to make the shape of the dinosaur, then frosted the tops, then decorated with the colors and a star decorating tip. Easy to break apart and eat for a THREE year old. ;)