Friday, May 30, 2008

Mario Kart Racing

Sarah's favorite game on the Nintendo these days is Mario Kart. (A close second comes Guitar Hero) Today, when they were playing out in the water, she solicited the boys' interest in "playing" Mario Kart with her. They raced down our driveway, across the sidewalk and up our neighbor's driveway, then all the way back to the very end of our garage (the finish line). The boys happily and excitedly followed behind her pushing thier little toy cars. Sarah won most of the time. Once, Lucas was so far ahead of Sarah that she thought he was going to win. Unfortunately for Lucas, he didn't entirely grasp the concept of a "race" and he got distracted when he ran into one of the camp chairs. Sarah caught up and won the race. They had so much fun playing together and Sarah was elated that the boys would be so willing to play the game she suggested.

Alex and Lucas started out strong with Alex in the lead.

Sarah closed the gap with Lucas,

While Alex fell behind. (I think he got distracted)

And Sarah takes the prize! (Come on Lucas! A little faster!)


Audrey, being a little too small to ride bikes or push cars yet, had fun playing inside.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is that! I love the Mario Kart themed race! Oh, and the pictures with the play by play is the best!!!
Wasn't it a gorgeous day today! I LOVE the sunny weather!

Nanci said...

I just have to say that your watercolor picture at the the top of your blog is beautiful. The blue background really brings out those vibrant colors. And, your kids are very cute, it's nice to see them in summer clothes with no snow on the ground. I'm sure everyone in the house is super excited to be out in the sun.

Ash Trump said...

Hehe that is awesome!!! I LOVE MARIO CART! ;o) I can't believe how big your kids are getting... Audrey is such a cuttie!

The Wagners said...

Hey Ashleigh! I wish I could have raced with them! I bet Alex and Lucas would have beat me with my big ol' belly. So I though July 4th would be a fun birthday, and of course that would be fun for you to see your sister's baby right when she comes huh? Anyway, can't wait to see you! Love ya!

CBS said...

Hey! I'm glad you found our blog:) Where exactly are you moving? We are down 750 W in pleasant view...are you close?! That would be fun. I think the ward is so different here because it's a new subdivision and everyone feels new here...if that makes sense:)

Emily said...

That literally made me laugh out loud! Those kids are just adorable!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

That's really cute, I love that game.

Emily said...

I'm glad you liked the pictures! I took most of those pictures and Todd did too! Yeah that's the camera Todd got me for my birthday! I was so surprised! I need to visit again so I can take pictures of you guys!

Anonymous said...

Lol love it. Thats what even my 8 y/o girl would convince her 3 and 5 y/o brothers to do. Of course she wouldn't let them win. ;)