Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fun in the Sunday

I'm not one to usually enjoy Sundays much these days. It's more of a stressful and busy day than an sacred, relaxing day of worship. Naps get disrupted. Church is less than uplifting and edifying. Meals get put off until a later time. Schedules and routines are devoid. Crankiness is prevalent. That's what becomes commonplace with four young children who have yet to learn the concept of reverence and respect for the Lord during church and especially Sacrament Meeting.

Lately, Sarah is obsessed with Guitar Hero. She constantly enjoins us to "play the guitar game." She has learned the lyrics to many of the songs. Playing that game remains incessantly on her mind. Case in point: We were sitting in the pew during the passing of the Sacrament on Sunday, when Sarah softly begins singing, "I-I-I... Wanna Rock n' Roll All Ni-i-ight. And Party Ev-er-y Day!" What can I do? She's our little musician.

Audrey is getting more mobile now, which proves difficult in Church because she's not near old enough for nursery yet and Jeff has to have her throughout sunday school and priesthood meeting. She's usually hungry by the end of Sacrament meeting and is very restless until she gets a bottle. Usually, Jeff has Alex and Lucas on his lap, and I have Audrey on mine with Sarah right beside me. It's a busy day, but at least everyone has a chance to dress up nicely and look their most darling! Here's Audrey's Sunday attire this week (she's wearing her favorite pink sparkly shoes):

And here's mine (not my most darling, but I have makeup on for the first time since mid-week!):

This one's courtesy of Jeff:

5 comments:

Farrah said...

Okay that's funny! What a pose! I know how you feel about church. I used to always feel that way until Caden was in nursery and then at least I got a little break. I can only imagine doing it with two more. Yikes!

Emily said...

I laughed out loud! Sarah is darling!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashleigh. Cute Blog!!! I hope you don't mind that I checked it out. I saw you on Holly Stowers blog! Anyway, your kids are adorable as always. Deklan asked me the other day if his friends from church could come over and play on his swing set. We'll have to get together again sometime.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Oh that is so funny that Sarah started singing that in church, good thing it was quietly and not real loud. She looks like a rocker in the picture. That is an adorable picture of Audrey. Nice on the pose

Anonymous said...

I remember the days batteling for quiet and reverance at church. I had to keep the 'Sunday Bags' well stocked with 'Sunday' treats and activities. You are so beautiful!! No one would EVER know you are a mother of FOUR babies. I love the pics and stories, IMMENSLEY!!
We LOVE and MISS you ALL!!!!
Have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!