Thursday, June 25, 2009

Before and After

I neglected to take a picture of the family room before I started moving things around and taping up. But you get the picture.



This was a difficult task for me. We have so much of so many colors in our home that it was very hard to choose a paint color that wasn't going to clash with something. I don't know if this was the right choice, but I kinda like it. I think any color paint looks better than the white we had before. It really makes the crown moulding and the fancy floorboards pop. What do you think?


And the kitchen. I wasn't sure I should do this dark a color in the kitchen, but away I went anyway. I actually really like it, though. You have to picture this with black granite countertops and some other kind of backsplash, though. Those are on the list of changes we plan on eventually making to this kitchen. But I think it turned out fairly well.





So there you go. Jeff was out of town for both these room projects. He didn't know I was even painting, much less what color it was going to be. After he got home and had seen it, he said he likes it and that it looks really nice. I would have to agree.

9 comments:

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I think it was a great choice. A lot of warms, and the trim does pop. It really brings the house more up-to-date. I'm impressed! Especially that you did it by yourself!

Emily said...

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!

Nanci said...

I think that it looks really nice. I had to paint the entire townhome by myself last year and it was hard but it made me also work harder and faster to get it done quickly. We really love white molding but for some strange reason it is a midwest thing to have dark wood. I think that the white molding looks so nice next to the paint.

Anonymous said...

I think it all looks great! You did a wonderful job. you are such a busy woman! I don't know how you find the time and energy to do everything that you do, but you're AWESOME~

Laura said...

I really like the color! Jeff is like my husband - easy going and always says, "looks great, honey" when he's supposed to. Haha. I'm impressed you did it all on your own while he was gone. Can't wait to see the kitchen with black granite!

Nicole Anderson Photography said...

I love it! I can't believe you did it all when Jeff was gone, that is awesome!

Jeff Farnsworth said...

Have I told you how amazing you are lately? Well, you are amazing.

Farrah said...

I love it! It looks so good. I love what color on the walls can do to a room. Good job Ashley!

Stephanie said...

Hey this is Stephanie Curtis. I found your blog on your sisters blog. Glad to see that you are doing well.Your family is adoreable!
..and the paint did turn out awesome!