Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cuteness and Cake

Sarah and Audrey are becoming the best of friends lately. Sure, Audrey bugs Sarah sometimes when she takes her horses and runs away giggling, or when she tries to wear Sarah's favorite shoes (It's starting early, I know), but they really do enjoy playing and laughing together. Audrey tries to be just like her big brothers and sister. She follows them around copying everything they do all the time. She also copycats everything they say. They sure love each other!


Here the kids are enjoying an afternoon of painting. Audrey just had to see what that yummy looking green paint tasted like.

And cake! This is the birthday cake I made myself for my birthday girls' movie night last night. It was fun. We talked, ate, played, laughed, and watched the movie Sneakers with Robert Redford. It was fun to hang out with some good friends and relax a while.




The grub. Mmmmm....

4 comments:

Brooke and Brian said...

Oh my GOSH WHAT A CUTE CAKE!!! I LOVE IT!!! Those are the colors I was thinking for Ryahs birthday but then changed to bright pink (like your table cloth and plates) and white with polkadots just like that! Man, I wish I was there to enjoy all that sugary goodness, although I guess its a good think I wasn't seeing as how I am trying to limit my sugar intake to none, not eat more of it! =) Very CUTE!

The Wagners said...

Hey Ashleigh, you really should sell your cakes. I've just been offering to make people's cakes for them, and I'm not even nearly as good as you, and I've been making at least 2 cakes a month. You should sell them for the costs of the ingredients plus like 20 or 50 bucks or something. Depending on the difficulty level. That cake is adorable!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I say go for it! You are such a good cake maker and so creative. I have loved all of the cakes I have seen you make.

Laura said...

That's the coolest cake! I'm so impressed with your creativity and talent!