Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day! - 2009

I just wanted to take this moment to wish my darling husband a happy Father's Day.

Jeff - I am so blessed to have you in my life. You do so much for me and the kids, and I really couldn't do it without you. You are such a great dad, and an amazingly supportive husband. I really appreciate you. I hope you're having a good Father's Day, even if you can't be with us today. We all love you more than you know!

I usually make Jeff some kind of picture frame with current pictures to take to work for Valentine's Day. I don't remember if I did that for him this year or not. But if I didn't, he got one for Father's Day instead! If I did, then he'll just have another set to look at on his desk when he gets lonely. Recently, we've gone on a couple of outdoor outings with the kids. They really enjoyed it, and loved the time we spent as a family exploring nature. That's where most of the pictures in this Father's Day collage came from.

The kids also really enjoy making pictures of their hands. They like to trace around their fingers, then color them all in. So, naturally, this tie with all their handprints on it was a fun choice for this year's Father's Day gift! It was fun to make. It was the first tie I have actually made, and I'd say it turned out pretty nicely. Plus, it was fun to paint my lips and plant a nice wet one on the tie to remind Jeff how much I love him!



In case he couldn't figure it out, I also wrote this little reminder on the ribbon on the back that holds the little part of the tie in place.

Jeff, you are truly loved. Don't ever forget it. Happy Father's Day Jeffrey-Love!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. The tie is a cute idea!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Those are really sweet gifts. The tie is really cute I especially like the I <3 you on the back.

Anonymous said...

I love the new background!
I also LOVE LOVE the tie!!! That might be the cutest Father's Day idea EVER! You are so creative! I love it! I wish you would rub off on me a little