Friday, February 15, 2008

This one's for you, Steph!

So, when I read Stephanie's blog about Chase pooping in his room and fingerpainting with it, I thought to myself, "Wow, I'm so glad I haven't had to deal with anything like that yet." Well, as they say, as soon as you say it, it's going to happen. Sure enough, when Jeff got home from work yesterday, he went upstairs to get the boys up from their nap. As soon as he cracked open the door, he could smell something was wrong. As he opened the door, he noticed Lucas' naked, poopy bottom sticking up in the air. He was asleep. As he examined the room, he found Alex in the corner, covered in poop. He was also asleep. He discovered that it must have been the closet where the poop party started. It was the dirtiest. They must have locked themselves in for a while, because there was poop covering the doorknob as if they had tried for a little bit to open the door. (They've been working on their door opening skills lately) Eventually, they got out and fell asleep all poopy on the floor. It was pretty gross. Apparently, Lucas got his pants AND diaper off at some point during their "nap" time and pooped on the floor because the diaper I had just put on before putting them to bed was dry.

Now, before you all go labelling me as a bad mom who didn't check on her kids while they were napping, let me clarify: That particular day, I had put them in their room a little early so they could play with the blow up slide they got for Christmas without having Sarah there to bother them. I heard them playing and laughing for quite a while before it fell quiet. Usually, at naptime, they will play for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour before they actually fall asleep. Most days, they lie down in bed to sleep. Naturally, when it fell quiet this time, I assumed they had fallen asleep...not locked themselves in the closet. Since it was Valentine's Day, I was pretty busy getting dinner ready during their nap, so I didn't go upstairs to check this time.

They are both no worse for the wear, and they even got a fun bath out of the whole situation. It was their own little way of saying "Happy Valentine's Day, Mama!" Being that this is a pretty gross story, you'll understand that I'm not posting a picture.

3 comments:

Emily said...

that was the funniest story ever! We know youre a great mom! My theory is blog as much or as little as you want! If someone doesn't like it- they shouldn't look at it as much! Haha I love it!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

What a lovely Valentine's present! If you didn't freak out too badly, than I'd say you are a great mom and better than most of the rest of us.

I'm glad you have a blog! It is the best way I have found to keep in touch. I totally agree with the above comment. Post what you want and when. People can read what they want and scan or skip the rest. That is the beauty of the blog. I have found that a lot of people post sporatically at first, then really get into it and do it all the time, until they feel they are spending too much time on it and cut back, so it kind of cycles. I'm planning to use mine as kind of a photojournal, so I don't plan to let it get too far behind anymore.

It will be fun to read about your adventures with your four. Kira misses Sarah, too. She just asked about her a week or two ago.

Rick and Christie Farnsworth said...

That was hilarious...Rick and I both had a good laugh. We love hearing about your adventures and will definitely be calling for help when it is our turn!