Sunday, February 17, 2008

Boys will be... boys?


Ever since they realized they could control their bodily functions (burping, passing gas, coughing, etc.), Alex and Lucas have found it nothing short of hilarious when they can audibly accomplish one of those functions for me or for each other. The other day, I volunteered Jeff to sing "I Need Thee Every Hour" in a men's chorus in Sacrament meeting. They sang today. It was an interesting spectacle to watch me alone with my four kids in the pew. Jeff had been holding Alex the entire meeting up until he had to go sing. As soon as Jeff walked away, Alex started whining. So, I had both boys squirming on my lap and Sarah trying to "play" with them and make them laugh during the entire song. Sarah was also trying to get us all to wave at Jeff. They weren't being too loud, but definitely moving around enough to be noticed. Just as the song ended, and everything fell quiet, Lucas let one out (passed gas, in case you didn't quite get that). It wasn't long, but it was LOUD. As soon as he did it, he immediately looked up at me with a huge smile and started laughing. I had to work really hard to suppress my laughter. But I was the only one. Sarah, Alex, Lucas and even the guy sitting in the pew behind us were holding nothing back. And to top it all off, I had the entire time it took all 8 men from the chorus to find their seats to try and shush my giggling family. So, I guess the title says it all, huh? Boys will be boys!

2 comments:

Nanci said...

Hmmm sounds like you got some stinky bums there!

Becky said...

I'm still laughing at this story! Makes me feel way better about Josh dancing in the aisle yesterday :)