Thursday, February 7, 2008

NEVER again...


Of course, that's what I said 3 1/2 months ago...the last time I went out by myself with all 4 of my lovely little children. Yesterday, I got up and turned on the TV to watch the news while I fed everyone breakfast. During one of the commercial breaks, a Mervyn's commercial came on advertising a huge clearance "blowout" where if you buy one clearance item, you can get two additional clearance items free. You know me...I'm a sucker for a great deal. That alone was motivation enough for me to pack up all my little ones, the diaper bag, double stroller and baby carrier in the Durango, drive out of our nearly blocked by snow driveway and head to the mall for some bargain hunting. We got to the mall, and found the perfect parking space: right in the front with a loading area on one side of the car. I packed up Alex and Lucas in the double stroller, Audrey on my chest in the baby carrier, and Sarah walked along side the stroller as we searched the clearance sections of the store trying to find some things that were the right size and a suitable fit for my family. As usual, we got lots of stares and glances and comments of amazement that I had twins, and how cute they are, and then the awe that followed that indeed they were all mine. I found some nice things, and got 11 items, including 3 pairs of shoes, 5 shirts, a turtleneck, pair of pants, and a dress/sweater/shoe combination for only $12 and some change. Well, 3 1/2 hours later, we arrived back home, exhausted from our one stop shopping trip. The boys took a nap, Audrey ate lunch and promptly fell asleep, and even Sarah wanted to sleep. (of course, she got too distracted by other things to actually take a nap). It so wasn't worth all the effort. It makes me appreciate the times I can get Jeff to go to the store with me, or to stay home with all or most of the kids while I can sneak away for a few hours by myself to grab some much needed "alone" time. Here's to all you moms who cart kids around to lots of activities on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Farrah said...

That's funny. You must be some super Mom to be willing to go out with all 4 kids. I barely have the strength to make it with 2! Power to you girl! That's awesome.