Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Day of School! - NOT!

I finally got Sarah's first day of school pictures. She was supposed to start August 31. But she didn't get to go to her first day of Kindergarten!! :'( The poor girl was sick all week! She finally was well enough and felt up to going on Thursday morning. She had a lot of fun, and likes her class. She especially likes that her close friends are in class with her. Doesn't she just look so cute?


Mom has been in town the last week helping me through this chemo stuff and helping me get organized so I can continue the treatment. She's been an amazing help with the kids, the house, the yard... well, just about everything! Thanks mom! Here are a couple of pictures of what she's been doing to beautify the front of our home. Sarah enjoyed "helping" her plant some new flowers around our walkway. I don't know if she was quite as much actual help as she thought, but it was cute anyway.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day all day today. Joe (I think) caught this picture of a rainbow swooping across the mountains behind our front yard neighbors. It's so peaceful... a very nice way to sum up my day.

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Sarah looks adorable! I'm sure she is loving school. Hopefully the enthusiasm they have for school now will continue!

Emily said...

Yay! I'm glad your kids are feeling better and that Sarah was able to go to school! Is she really that old? I can't believe she's already 5?!?! What a beautiful little girl! (Loved her outfit, too!)