Saturday, August 29, 2009

Need A Nap?

Apparently I did! Jeff snapped this shot of Audrey and me the other day. I was already lying on the couch, and Audrey I guess just missed me while I was gone in the hospital. She came up and cuddled with me for quite some time before she fell asleep. And when she fell asleep, what else could I do? So I took a nap! I actually don't like the picture much. I've never been a fan of how I look sleeping. People say that they look at their spouse or their children while they're sleeping and they just look 'angelic.' Well I understand that when looking at my kids. But I don't think I've ever seen a picture of myself sleeping that I would consider angelic... Oh well.

Oh, and apparently, Sarah needed a nap that day too. Only this is where we found her instead. She's on top of the back of the couch in the living room.

With all that's been going on, I've been a little lacking in the blogging world lately. I almost didn't post the boys' first day of preschool! They went to Ms. Helen's 3 year old class for the first time on Thursday this week. They were so excited to bring their backpacks and wear the little nametags Ms. Helen made for them. For whatever reason, when we take pictures of the boys, they don't actually smile. We say "Say cheese!" and they actually say "cheese." This is how their faces turn out. But despite the funny expressions, don't they just look sharp?

I started the photo taking with Alex, but soon Sarah and Audrey sort of casually inched their way closer and closer into the picture. I guess they didn't want to be left out.

Show me your backpacks, boys!Fun times.

6 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I'm gonna have to disagree with the napping picture. I think you and Audrey look so cute sleeping together.

The twins are getting so big---love the backpacks.

Nicole Anderson Photography said...

Oh, how I love a good snuggle. Audrey is so cute! The boys look so big with their backpacks!

Nanci said...

How can you tell them apart? Preschool already? Where has the time gone? They look excited for school.

Brooke and Brian said...

Awesome and adoreable! You look sweet so calm and peaceful next to your little angel. I love it. And I LOVE that those backpacks are almost as big as your boys. They are adorable! =)

The Farnsworth Family said...

How exciting to start preschool!! I agree without their distinguishing back packs it might be hard to tell them apart :-). I love mommy/child naps. It is the only time my kids will snuggle with me for longer than 5 minutes :-)

Emily said...

I can't believe I haven't commented on this! Too Cute! Those boys are growing so fast! My favorite picture is of Sarah & Audrey moving into Alex's picture. So So Funny!