Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Audrey! - 2009

August 9th is Audrey's birthday. She turned 2! Happy birthday sweetie! Since we were going to church on her actual birthday, I decided to make Audrey a matching dress and princess hat to wear to church. Here's how it turned out. She loved it. I also made Sarah a dress to match. Hers was pink, though with the pink and white gingham sash instead. I neglected to get a picture of her, though.


I don't know what it was about squirt guns yesterday, but Audrey had one in her hand pretty much all day long. This is after her nap and before her little party we had. She's shooting Papa. "Psheew!"

And of course, the cake. Cookies for those who don't like cake, and cake for those who do! Princess themed, of course, for our little princess. This one was super easy, by the way. Not as much work as you'd think for a cake.

Here's the birthday girl playing with her favorite present: Lip Smackers lip gloss. She's such a girly girl. She got princess dress up clothes, a doll, lip gloss, nail polish, two books, a stuffed lion (from Sarah) a bubble blowing machine, two books, and a few other little things. All girl, for sure.

Happy birthday my sweet baby! My "baby" is two now! Wow.


Oh, and I almost forgot. It was our anniversary yesterday, too. 7 years. We had this little cake after lunch to celebrate. And that's about all we did to celebrate. I think we'll go on a date later. And we've decided that we'll just celebrate our anniversary a week later from now on. Audrey can have her birthday. I guess that's what I get for going into labor on our anniversary! The day no longer belongs to us. Happy 7th anniversary Jeff! I love you!

4 comments:

Brooke and Brian said...

Adorable! Love the cakes and the pics and Audrey is so cute!

Emily said...

I love the birthday princess hat! Too Cute! Happy Anniversary!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Happy belated birthday to Audrey! What a pretty princess she makes.

And Happy Anniversary to you guys!

Nanci said...

Happy Birthday little Audrey! She has changed so much! She definitely looks like a fun little toddler. And 7 years already? Wow, I feel old. Your cakes are so awesome! I bet they taste just as good as they look.