Sunday, September 6, 2009

Best Husband Ever!

Okay, so I always had an inkling that I had the best husband ever, but the last few weeks have definitely solidified the title for my dear husband, Jeff. He's always been caring and sensitive, and mostly helpful around the house and with the kids. He's a wonderful, amazing father and the kids adore his every move. Audrey always hears the garage door unlocking and races over saying, "PAPA!!" Alex will run to give him a hug after work and say, "I missed you Hapuh!" (Yes, I said 'hapuh.' Alex insists on saying Papa with an 'Ha' and a 'puh') Yes, we've always known Jeff to be an overall extraordinary person. But with all the events of the last few weeks, he has really stepped out of his proverbial shell and just sort of come to life.

This trial of late has definitely been hard so far, and I don't anticipate it getting miraculously easier overnight. But we're working on it. And Jeff is ever working on the small and simple ways to make things just that much easier and more enjoyable along the journey for me. Case in point: He bought me a vacuum!! Anyone who knows me will know this has been a long time of pleading and whining and nagging and promising I'll save money in other areas to afford it to get a vacuum cleaner that works! Well, he up and bought me the one I wanted yesterday! I was so excited. Too bad it took something like cancer to get it, though! I'm not even well enough to use it yet! But it gives me that much more incentive. Weird, huh? Incentive to kick cancer is so that I can use my new vacuum cleaner?? Ha ha. Yeah. That's totally me. But hey, it's a dang cool one! Canister (so the kids can help too) bagless, hardwood/carpet, easy clean, washable filter... and it sucks! Literally! Here's my prince at work. I caught him using it on the family room when he thought I was sleeping. Thanks my man! You seriously are the best, you know. They're not the best quality pictures. Poor lighting and I think there was a smudge on the lense. But here's my prince!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Yup - Jeff's amazing. I agree. :) I'm excited for your vacuum!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Hooray for vacuums and more excuses to kick cancer! Jeff is a great guy. Aren't we Farnsworth women all stinkin lucky?

Unknown said...

Our cousin Ashleigh, in honor and remembrance of you and this blog, Jake and I have published this entire blog into a hardbound book, over 200 pages, for your husband and children to have always, this is our little way of honoring you. You will never be forgotten. We miss you and love you.

~Ashley and Jake Tracy

sandralee said...

What a wonderful woman Ashleigh is and will always be, she will always and forever live in your hearts, I did not have the privlege of knowing your wife and mommy but looked up her blogspot after reading her obituary. I am so sorry. What a beautiful family you have, sincerely, sandi Critchlow

Melissa said...

I too, only learned of this sweet woman after reading her obituary. My heart goes out to you and your children. What a wonderful legacy she has left her children with this special blog. May you be comforted by these memories of her. With deepest sympathy, Melissa Miller

Kaedi said...

I found your blog through Stephanie Farnsworth and just wanted to tell you how deeply sorry I am for your loss. I never knew Ashleigh, but am moved by what I saw on the tribute video that was posted on Facebook. Thank you for sharing it -- It was so touching and inspiring. Your sweet family will be in my thoughts and prayers.