Friday, March 27, 2009

Sandbox, Anyone?

So do you think my kids need a sandbox?


The sad part of this is threefold. This box of dish detergent was almost completely full. I bought it maybe a week ago. And since my highly efficient dishwasher only uses about a tablespoon of soap per load, not much of it had been used yet. Also, this particular detergent works great, and I love it, but it's expensive. It comes in at about $6 a box. ($6 that is now all over my floor full of dust, crumbs and other common kitchen floor components). Probably the most frustrating part of this, though, is that it's not the first time this exact thing has happened... Live and learn, right? Right...

This kind of thing is what happens when I'm a little "slow" in the morning after staying up WAY too late the night before. It happens a bit more often than it probably should. I find it's the only time I can get things done more productively and truly uninterrupted. What in the world was I doing until 2am, you say?

I was folding 3 loads of mainly kids' finally clean laundry.


Making strawberry-banana muffins and strawberry-banana jam with the already overripe bananas that had been sitting on my counter for the past few days.


I also washed and put away two loads of dishes, wiped out the incredibly dirty, dinky countertop microwave that's taking the place of the new one we got until we get it hung on the wall, rearranging and re-organizing my food storage room since I have been just setting grocery bags full of food down there instead of putting them away (It's too cold in there right now!), and catching up on a few shows online in the process. However, here's this morning's version of me having had too little sleep, and too much to do last night.
Live and learn... I've got the living part (and repeating mistakes part) down. When do I start the learning??

1 comment:

Laura said...

I hate nights like that. You feel so productive and happy while you're accomplishing so much, and ALL the next day you're PAYING for it! ;o)