Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Experimentation

It's been a bit of a rough morning. Sending Sarah to her room to clean it, then the boys a few minutes later to help her, facilitated a much needed Mommy Break for me. Audrey came into the kitchen a few minutes later, and I smiled at her. She smiled this huge, loving, excited, and extraordinarily adorable smile right back at me. It was then that I decided to try an experiment. For the rest of the day, I'm going to pick random moments throughout the day and just smile at my family. A genuine, sincere, non-joking smile. And see what happens. It brightened Audrey's mood immediately. Maybe it will do the same for the rest of my family. After all, we could all use a smile, right??

Here's Audrey's bright return smile.

Alex must always say "Cheese!" when we ask him to smile for a picture. As a result, his smile is always a little off. Still cute, though!

Lucas thinks it's funny to squish up his cheeks and squint his eyes for a smile. It makes for a good laugh!



And here's me. I'm kinda loving my eyes this morning, so I decided to post a picture of their blueness!

Sarah would not smile for me this morning. She kept giggling and hiding from the camera. Hence the absent picture. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute little idea. You are looking good by the way. And your kids are so adorable! Love it! and LOVE the smiles! =)

Laura said...

Thanks for the reminder, Ashleigh. Maybe I'll try smiling more tomorrow. Heaven knows, the groans and sighs and exasperated frowns didn't do much for me today. ;o)