Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

And happy New Year! I know... How lame am I?? December 9th?? Okay... so I found my camera probably 2 days after I posted that it was misplaced. And I have a whole new set of pictures since then and still haven't posted any. Sorry. I never sent out Christmas cards either. Nor did I finish the gifts for my parents or Jeff's. I'm just all around lame this year. I'll work on that...

On another note, here are some of my favorite pictures from the holidays:

Here are all my sweet children watching Elmo's Adventures in Grouchland together. Audrey was sad, and Sarah decided she might feel better if she could sit with everyone on the chair. So she lifted her up there between the boys and covered everyone with the blankets. This is how I found them.

I waited until after church to get the pictures of all our cute Christmas outfits. Since church is from 1-4, and the kids haven't had naps or lunch... well... you get the picture. This was the best one of Alex and Sarah. I was laughing too hard at them to get a really nice one. And Sarah insisted on wearing her headband like a "Nephite."

Here is Jeff and Lucas. You might recognize Jeff's vest from a certain Halloween a few years back...

Mama, and poor little Audrey. She was so hungry and so tired. But ever so cute! And I think my face is starting to look a little better. What do you think??


Sarah helped me wrap a present she got for the boys one night, and as everyone was getting ready for bed, she kept asking me for things. "Can I have some ribbon, mom?" I gave it to her. "Can I have some tape, mom?" A little frustrated at this point because she was supposed to be getting ready for bed, I asked her why. In her semi-embarrassed and shy way she has when she's doing something cute, she told me she couldn't tell me. I gave her a piece. A few minutes later, she came smiling to me looking like this. She called it her "Santa mustache."


On Christmas Eve, the kids all get to open their Christmas Jammies. Here's alex trying to find the pockets in his. They all had ones similar to these and actually all kept them on the whole night! Our Christmas morning video had fully clothed and cute kids!

We had a true White Christmas this year. It snowed through the morning until about 11:30, then politely cleared up so we could all go sledding and play in the snow. Then it snowed when it got dark again that night. It was a lot of fun, and the kids all had a blast sledding down the hill at the high school with the tubes Santa brought, then making a snowman in our back yard. Here's some of them eating the freshly fallen snow on the little mini-hill Jeff made with the snow he shoveled off the driveway.

Here's Sarah trying to catch some snowflakes that began falling before we went inside.

That night, we jammed on the new Guitar Hero: World Tour game we got from Jeff's mom for Christmas. Everyone really likes the game, and these pictures are not posed! Sarah is actually playing the drums here, and Lucas is actually singing! He REALLY likes that part. He insists on having a turn with the mic every time we get it out. And we can't forget little Audrey. Every time she hears the game start up, she comes running and giggling. Then she'll stop in the middle of the family room and start dancing. Jeff let her have one of the guitars the other day, and she seriously thought she was playing. I love that my kids love music!



These ones are a little more random, but I really liked them. They're all from the last week or two.

I couldn't just give the boys a bath this day. First came Audrey, trying to climb in fully clothed. What else could I do but put her in? Then Sarah just wouldn't be left out. She insisted on bathing with everyone. They had a lot of fun splashing each other. They always love the bath.

This one is fondly reminiscent of my post called "Boys will be... boys?" from earlier this year. I just don't understand why they can't leave their clothes on! We always go in to check on all the kids right before we go to bed, and this is what we found one night. They fell asleep right by the door like this.

And this last one is from tonight. The boys both really love their two blankets they've had since they were born. They take them pretty much everywhere. Tonight, they had these two sippy cups full of water right before bed. They got two washcloths from the drawer in the kitchen, and were found walking to their room together with their "babies" wrapped up in their "blankets" all ready for bed. When Jeff was getting them ready for bed upstairs and one of them dripped toothpaste on the floor, Jeff took Alex's washcloth to wipe the spot up. Alex freaked out saying "No! Blanket!" Jeff then very apologetically helped him wrap his "baby" back up in his "blanket." That's not all. Alex named his baby cup "Bluie" (because his favorite color is blue) and Lucas named his "Greenie." Sometimes they just really surprise me. They're so cute!

8 comments:

Brooke and Brian said...

Oh my freaking goodness how darn cute are your kids...hahahah, I am still laughing at the naked one of your boys and your "santa mustache" hahaha...what a cute family. And yes, your face is looking better. Oh, and when we go up to visit you, we are definitly playing that with you!

The Wagners said...

um, so that naked picture of your boys will be wonderful blackmail for when they bring dates home! haha. miss you guys!

Nicole Anderson Photography said...

So glad you are back to blogging- you have been missed:( Okay the picture of the boys naked are too funny. I tell Daryl everyday- the kids start out dressed in the morning but somehow by the time you get home one or both of them are half naked! We'll see Thursday morning!

Nanci said...

It looks like they were trying hard to smile for you with their Christmas clothes. It's amazing to see how hard you worked to get everyone to match perfectly. I like that sleeping picture......too cute! I still cannot tell your boys apart.

Emily said...

I'm so glad you made this post! The kids are just darling. My favorite is the last picture with the boys and their "babies" so sweet!

Danielle and Calan said...

Ashleigh i love Love LOVE your house! It's so big and beautiful! And i LOVE the snow all over it... i'm SOOO jealous! I wish we has snow here :( I love all your new pics! They are so cute and funny! The naked twins is my favorite! Your family is too cute! I was just talking to my mom today about you and Jeff and how you guys complement each other so well and what good parents you two are! Anyway, we love and miss you guys! Happy New Year! :)

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I know I have already said this, but your house is gorgeous! I think you look great. Sarah is such a sweet older sister, making Audrey feel better. Your children are becoming quite the guitar hero/rock band, little Rock stars. I really like the picture of Audrey with the guitar.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures!! Audrey is getting so big!!
I got those same jammies for my boys last year, only in green! CUTE!
What happened to your face? You said it was starting to look better but I never knew something was wrong with it?
It sounds like you all had a good holiday!