Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Patch!

It's been almost two weeks since I posted last! Wow. A lot has happened in two weeks, and an entire week of those two was my time to play "single mom." Jeff was out of town from last Saturday to yesterday afternoon. It was a sad time, indeed. We all missed him terribly, and are SO incredibly happy to have him back. And I am so incredibly less stressed out! The night before he left, we all got to visit the pumpkin patch down the street from our house. It wasn't a spectacular event. Just a large patch of pumpkins in someone's front yard (about an acre of pumpkin patch - not too small...). We had planned on visiting a larger one with activities, a corn maze, kiddie games and other festivities, but opted for the closer, smaller one because Sarah had not been feeling well for the few days before, and we wanted to make sure to be back home early enough for her to get some rest. Here are some of the fun memories from the kids' first pumpkin patch! I'll post pictures of the cool jack-o-lanterns these pumpkins will turn into once we carve them for Family Home Evening on Monday.

Pickin' out mine.

That pumpkin's as big as me!

Apparently, they all thought that when they found the one they wanted, they were supposed to sit on it!



Trying to figure out how to sit on it.

Sarah's pick.

Some other fun pics from the outing.








9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Deklan had to miss the field trip to the pumpkin patch so I was going to try to take the boys but I don't know if we are going to get a chance!
We do need to get together sometime soon though. Deklan misses Sarah!

Nanci said...

Those are some really good pumpkin patch pictures. I like Audrey's attempt at sitting on one. I would love to go back to another farm to get more pictures but it snowed today and I have a feeling that pumpkin season is over. Very cute.

I don't know how you did it with four kids all alone. During Will's 4th year he is required to go to Scotland for two months and I am already dreading that loneliness.

Brooke and Brian said...

FUN I love Halloween season and pumpkins and watching dinsey halloween movies. Cute kids too. You need more pics of you and Jeff on here.

Rick and Christie Farnsworth said...

Cute pictures! Thanks for letting us borrow your husband for a weekend, we loved seeing him and I know it meant a lot to Rick.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I love these pictures, Halloween is such a fun time of the year. Audrey's outfit is really cute and fitting for a pumpkin patch. That one pumpkin is so huge! I like how everyone sat on their pumpkin when they picked it out.

Ash Trump said...

How fun I LOVE pumpkins!!!! I cannot believe how big your kids are getting and they are SOOOO CUTE!!!! I hope you guys have a fun Halloween!

Danielle and Calan said...

Thanks :) Yeah we'll for sure be around and he can't wait to meet u too! Ur bringing ur boys right? Calan wud love to have some boys to play with for a change :)

The Farnsworth Family said...

I love all the pumpkin patch pics! Going to the PP is one of my favorite things to do in the Fall (ha ha that kinda sounds funny). Anyway, happy belated to Jeff too. It looked like a wonderful day.

The Wagners said...

Those were some fun punkin patch pictures ... And as always, your kids are adorable. Hope you guys are doing well!!! Are you guys coming down at all for the Holidays?